NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello Everyone

I have actually been reading posts on this forum for a while now as I was anticipating the arrival of my Baby Grey. I just got her on Saturday "TIKI" and she is so sweet. She loves to be on my shoulder and constantly loves to be pet. The breeder I got her from did a great job as he vacinated her and DNA tested her for sex. Tiki is a little scared of the cage as she was used to about 85% human interaction so i have tried to keep her in her cage for these 3 days so she becomes familiar with her new cage and where her bowls are. I do take her out at least 3 times a day when changing food out as she scrambles to the door and hops on to me right away. Great Forum and should have some pictures up soon! :cheer:

Hello Hjcruzer and welcome to the family, so glad you decided to join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Tiki.

One suggestion for getting her used to the cage is not to allow her to just jump out on you whenever you open the door, make some routine times she is allowed to come out of her cage to interact and play with you. She will get used to the cage soon especially if you don't run to her and let her out every time she sees you, she will eventually come to see her cage as her sanctuary.

Take a little time to read thru the threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have. We will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

If you have some pictures of Tiki you would like to share with us we would love to see her.:)

I love that show, Law and Order, she has good taste.

Thats great news to hear that she is doing great but you can take her out for longer periods of time, yes she needs to get used to her cage but she needs several hours at minimum to be out and about. Keep up the good work and keep us updated on Tiki and her progress.

Thanks Judygram!

I forgot to mention the cage i got her was a 32" with Playpen on top so I am trying to get her used to the playpen but she is still scared of it. Today I plan to have her out several hours with me when i get home from work.