NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

my baby needs a home

tikatoy1995

hi everyone. I've been logging on lately to see whats going on and like when i first found this site, i'm impressed even more.

I had initially joined last year because i needed to find a home for my two greys. I then went away, for what i thought was just the summer, but it turned out longer. I came back had medical issues and hopefully now i'm really back and I hate myself for the extended dissapearance because my grey, Gizmo is now bald and it just breaks my heart, but he still loves me. :) My other grey, lulu (actually my husbands) is a toughy and is fine.

My delima was finding a home so they can remain together, but prior to my leaving last year I had to separate them as they're attacking each other. now that my life is back to almost normal I unfortunately again may need to place lulu in a loving environment. She/he is a super talker in three languages and sings. lulu's funny, she/he was just singing... I'm a brick H O U S E:lol: the only reason i need to find her a home is simply because i can't care for her like i should. She's not my bird and is not attached to me and will bite. she really needs lots and lots of TLC and just reassurance to gain someones trust and be your best friend. I kept away from her as she is my husbands bird, but he doesn't or can't give her the attention she so needs either. works very late... blah blah blah...

please understand even though she's not really mine, this is extremely difficult for me. she's been with us since 1998 and has so much spunk. i would love to list all the things she says but its too many and I just can't. some may think i'm an idiot, but it does hurt. my only comfort is knowing that she would go to a loving and caring environment and if she's happy, thats all that really matters. last year I was also being selfish as I'm finding this hard, but now its all about the bird and not about me.

to get a better idea of who I am please log into

http://www.geocities.com/luluswebpage/index.html unfortunately most of my family has passed away due to old age, but this will tell you who I am. I'm not interested in breeders or resellers and I will follow up.

please ask me any questions... I'm located in Queens, new York.

thanks much.

Sorry to hear you have to find new homes for your babies. Wish you luck on finding good home, I have to many animals right now.

However, I'm sure you will find someone, just have to look real hard. Make sure you give them to someone who knows a lot about birds and can provide the right care for your bird.

tikatoy1995 I'm sorry you find yourself in this position,We always want what is best for our greys & if you feel that you are not giving her this, then i admire you for wanting to find her the right home. please vet all homes & potential owners to make sure they have the knowledge to home lulu as it may have a traumatic effect on her.

Hi tikatoy1995 !!

Good to see you back, but sorry it is not with good news and I am truly sorry to hear of your health issues and also needing to find a home for your long time Grey. :-(

It sounds like you are on the right path and will scrutinize any interested parties to the fullest to ensure your Grey finds another caring person to love and cherish him for many decades. :-)

Good Luck!!

all your responses are EXACTLY why I'm looking in this site only. I know your love for Grey's is as great as mine. And hopefully a lucky family will find lulu as she is prize for that special person. here's something cute i'd like to share. my husband had a nice size gut, so i taught her to say ... HO SAYYYY, (his name is Jose) nice gut wanna donut???? and she only said it when he passed her in his underware. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OMG, that is so funny LMAO, I will have to teach my Josey to do that too, I can imagine what your husband said about that comment, wow:laugh: :laugh: :P

I am sorry to hear you have to find a new home for Lulu, once they become a part of your heart it is all but impossible to part with them, but I certainly understand. And I would ask no less than for you to be as selective as possible to find her a loving and caring home that will be for the rest of her life.

Tikatoy1995- You have definitely come to a good place to find a home for your Lulu. It must break your heart to have to part with her but I understand you are doing it for her good. Lots of us already have our hands full with our birds/dogs/boyfriends etc but I'm sure there will be some good soul on here that can help you with her. Best of luck to you and I hope you have better health in the rest of the year.