NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My baby is home!

Char

My new baby CAG "Simon" has been home for about 3 1/2 hrs now and all is going well. I was kind of nervous after reading so much on the internet about how he would probably be nervous and scared for the first few days.

Well, things could not have gone better.:cheer: So far he has cuddled on my chest, let me scratch his head til he got so relaxed he closed his eyes. He has eaten his pellets and even tried some carrot.

He has played with his toys and climbed all over his cage and explored. He has stretched and preened for me too. Right now he is sitting on my shoulder grinding his beak. I know that is a good sign!

Some greys are a little nervous and scared when you first bring them home but not all and you have one of the easy ones. I am so glad to hear Simon has taken the homecoming in stride and I hope it continues to go smoothly for both of you.

Enjoy the snuggles now for a lot of them sort of grow out of that as they get a little older. They usually grind their beak when they are content and usually at night before going to sleep.

Keep us informed as to Simon's continued progress.

judygram wrote:

Enjoy the snuggles now for a lot of them sort of grow out of that as they get a little older. They usually grind their beak when they are content and usually at night before going to sleep.

Yeah I realize that he is just a baby and will become more independent later on. That is okay becaue if I had wanted a "velcro" bird I would have gotten a Cockatoo.:lol:

He is still doing good today. Sometimes when I walk over to his case he will put his head down for me to scratch it. Soooo cute!<br><br>Post edited by: Char, at: 2008/04/14 22:10

Yes I am. I posted in your other thread before I saw this one so I will not repeat it all. I think I am going to have to DNA mine. We decided that Simon was going to be a boy but somehow It just doesn't feel right. I just have this feeling that he/she is a girl and I find myself wanting to refer to her/him that way.

Maybe it is because he/she is so small compared to her sibling.

Anybody else ever feel that way.

Oh and by the way I haven't said anything because I didn't want to seem like I was bragging ;) but my baby is already trying to talk.:ohmy: Just jibber jabber and robot sounds of course.

Char, isn't it fun to hear them chortle and sing? I just love it!!! Jenna has a lovely voice, and I'm sure Simon does, too!

Jenna was DNA tested, so I know she's a girl, but you definitely do get a feeling for that kind of thing!