NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Howdy!

Hi All Been ghosting the forum here for a while. . My g/f has a CAG and has been encouraging me to get one so Ive been on here doing my homework. Spent the last few weekends traveling around to different bird stores gettin a feel for all the different types of parrots. Almost lost my thumb to a hyacinth yesterday and had a TAG break the skin on my finger so im no longer afraid of being bit Been there done that. Saw a lot of nice birds but nothing that really said "take me home" The last stop yesterday was a small store 5 mins from my house, found it by accident. They only had one Congo Grey and an Eclectus that was sold. By this time I had it in my head that I wanted a TAG but I figured the more birds I handled the better off I would be. To cut a long story short Im now the owner of a beautiful 3 month old CAG. I spent a few hours with her just hanging out to the point where by the end of the day she was snuggling in my arms letting me pet her anywhere. The owners gave me so much info on handling and care that even if I had not clicked with this bird I wouldve waited and gotten one from them anyway. The customer service was far and above anything I had experienced anywhere else. The bird is not fully weaned and I was encouraged to come in as often as I can to feed her and bond...

Just wanted to say Hi and thank you all for this great website and the wealth of information I found here!

Needless to say Im off to see my bird!

Welcome BrothaWolf !!!

Wow, it sounds like you really did your homework and put a lot of thought and consideration in to this before jumping in to it. :-) Kudos to you many people do not this and up in a rescue.

We'll look forward to hearing more about your new Grey and seeing some photos when you get a chance. The person you are buying your Grey from sounds like a wonderful and responsible breeder or store owner that knows what they are doing.

Hello BrothaWolf and welcome to the family, so glad you finally decided to join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and this new grey.

Sounds like your gf really loves her Cag and wants you to experience the wonderful relationship she evidently shares with hers, they are amazing creatures.

You have done the right thing in reading all you can before making that final decision as this is a lifetime committment that is not to be taken lightly.

I encourage you to read thru the many threads for lots of useful information that might answer some of the questions you may have or will have once you bring her home. Do not hesitate to ask all the questions you may have as we will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

When you get the chance to take a few pictures of her if you would like to share some of them with us we would love to see her.