NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Losing a second egg i am waiting for the third one

froso

Good evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you dear friends very much for your advice.

Till the egg apear i was not sure about the sex of my birds,however now iam sure that Rorys is the female and males is Malakoulis.When the egg apeard i was in panic not knowing what to do i search in the web and i found all of you,thanks God you where really helpful.

As i told before the first egg was broken as there was not a nest on the gage to keep it safe.Unfortunatelly with the second egg,4 days later hapened excactly the same.

After that i manage to come in contact with my animaldoctor and she helped my enough.

Yesterday i fixed with a friend of mine a beautiful nest realy atractive from my Rory (Femalle),i lied on it a couple of hens egg (the smallest i found)and since then Rorys is over the eggs taking care of them.

On the other hand Malakoulis is always on the top of the cage,i do not think he intent to do any hurm to the female or the eggs.I opposite believe that he takes care of the female and tries to protect her Whenever we (People) enter the room and come close to the cage.

Probably from my calculation on Sunday night we are going to have one more egg,i am sure this time nothing is going to happened to it as it is really protected in that nest.I am also convinced that the egg will be fertile and soon we are going to have a baby.

If anybody knows how long it takes?

I would like to know so as to count the dates in order to be alert.

Thanks for any help!!!!!!!!!

froso

Good evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you dear friends very much for your advice.

Till the egg apear i was not sure about the sex of my birds,however now iam sure that Rorys is the female and males is Malakoulis.When the egg apeard i was in panic not knowing what to do i search in the web and i found all of you,thanks God you where really helpful.

As i told before the first egg was broken as there was not a nest on the gage to keep it safe.Unfortunatelly with the second egg,4 days later hapened excactly the same.

After that i manage to come in contact with my animaldoctor and she helped my enough.

Yesterday i fixed with a friend of mine a beautiful nest realy atractive from my Rory (Femalle),i lied on it a couple of hens egg (the smallest i found)and since then Rorys is over the eggs taking care of them.

On the other hand Malakoulis is always on the top of the cage,i do not think he intent to do any hurm to the female or the eggs.I opposite believe that he takes care of the female and tries to protect her Whenever we (People) enter the room and come close to the cage.

Probably from my calculation on Sunday night we are going to have one more egg,i am sure this time nothing is going to happened to it as it is really protected in that nest.I am also convinced that the egg will be fertile and soon we are going to have a baby.

If anybody knows how long it takes?

I would like to know so as to count the dates in order to be alert.

Thanks for any help!!!!!!!!!

froso

Most clutches have from three to five eggs with three being the average. The eggs are laid about three to four days apart with the hen usually not beginning incubation until after the second or third egg is laid. The babies begin hatching 28-30 days later and hatch about one to two days apart. Hatchlings are very small, weighing about 14-16 grams and are about 2" in length. Eyes begin to open around 10-12 days of age.