NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

my grey always wants to feed me

Hello Melstashi welcome here :) I hope you will enjoy this forum.

That's his love for you he's showing. I bet you can do without it :laugh:

For professional advise on how to try to cease this I will have to rely on my fellow-members here since I haven't got a clue :blush:

Hi melstashi & Welcome.We look forward to hearing more from you.:)

Regurgitating food is perfectly natural for a parrot,he is offering food to you as he sees you as his mate with whom he has bonded. From all the research i have done it is best advise to discourage this behaviour.Each time the regurgitation begins, "no thank you" and stop everything, move away.

Guest Skuffy

Ummmmm...In my book.....A New Owner's GUID To AFRICAN GREYS...Its says if your grey Regurgitates its the highest Honner a Grey can give its owner..Like a cat brings a mouse home to mummy :laugh: ...Max gave me some of his evening meal the other day I was over the moon..

Should i have moved away and not taken it ..? I am confused now..!:S

Hello Melstashi and welcome to the family, so glad you decided to join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your grey. BTW, what is his name?

You have received the highest honor a grey can bestow on his owner but like mentioned in another post it should be discouraged. He will still love you but he will come to understand that you don't need his little gifts of food.

Is this your first parrot and/or first grey? From the question you asked I assume you are a first time parrot owner. Take some time and read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have. We will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

If you have any pictures of your grey you would like to share with us we would love to see him.:)

• 2 weeks later...

okay, thanks for all the responses. I do know that it is an honor for my grey to want to feed me, but thats all he wants to do. I cant work with him, love him, snuggle, nothing. I am his second owner and I dont believe he was taken good care of, he responds alot better to men than women, so it took me quite awhile to get him where he is now, but like i said, i cant do anything with him, because any and all interaction is based on his regurgitation. Help

melstashi if you post a new topic in the african grey room members will be able to respond & help you.(questions can sometimes get overlooked in the welcome room ;) )

if you can post his age,history etc..as much info as you can this will help others when replying to your question.