NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Biggles first video!!

pixiexoxo

HI everyone!

Thought I would share a video I made of Biggles, my 9 mth old CAG. He's not long started talking but seems to be picking things up very quickly indeed!

We've nicknamed him Iggle Piggle (for anyone in the UK with small children that watch In the night garden, you'll understand) and he seems to enjoy saying that, as well as hello and sneezing, which is so cute. Quite scary how accurate he mimicks my sneezes!

Let me all know what you think, apologies for the slightly blurred picture, but sound is fine :-)

Amy xx

Guest Skuffy

{Nature-00020095} Yeahhhhh!!!! Keep going Iggle Piggle..You'll get it m8..

Hello Amy you seem to be having fun there with Iggle Piggle,can you let him out yet?..can you hold him..?

I maybe wrong here but id get rid of the Mirror out his Cage....I have all thought if he stops himself he will start to talk to it and not you..could be wrong..B)

Hiya Skuffy!

Biggles comes out all the time and loves to be held. My other half was doing some computer work when I recorded the video which is why he was in his cage as he has a nasty habit of pulling the keys off the keyboard lol.

I never knew about the mirror to be honest... Biggles has a natter to it every now and then, but it doesn't seem to stop him talking to us.. do you think it will in time?

:-)

Amy, loved the video! Your Iggle Piggle is adorable! Obi is just four months, we've had him almost two weeks now. So far, he's stepping up and loves to come out of his cage. I can't wait until he/she starts talking. We should be finding out the sex in several days.

Sounds like you're having a ball with your cute Iggle Piggle. Thanks for sharing the video! ;)

Guest Skuffy

Theres different views to the mirror in a Parrots cage, some owners say he/she likes the company ie looking and chatting to a mirror seeing another Grey...Other say My Parrot saw it as a intruder and attacked it...So if your lill Iggle Piggle seems totally fine with having it there leave it..Unless he starts to pay more attention to it than you......

{Nature-00020095}Ive just been cleaned out...Now am going to trash the place...churp-churp

Guest Skuffy

I got Max to eat his first Palm Nut this morning ..After Me stood with him Hrs with it in my mouth....He ripped it to bits...Photo...Page 1..B)

I never noticed that! Well spotted Siobhan :laugh:

He makes so many noises it's hard to determine whether it's just baby talk or if he is trying to say or mimic something! I shall keep my ears peeled for that one and see if he does it again.

Most of the time he sounds like one of the clangers talking lol :P

x

Great video Pixie!!

If you listen carefully, Biggles is saying and mimicking many things. I know I heard a Kiss several times, and MANY words uttered as he "Calibrates" them.

He is a very happy camper and on his way to keeping you well informed of he wants verbally. :-)

Thanks dan!

I suppose you guys would be able to decipher more than me as you are all Grey pros! I'm still learning myself :)

Biggles has started doing a "wowowowowowowow!" noise today and i have noooooo idea what it is or where he's got it from lol. tis very cute tho :laugh:

There's no telling where he got it from, but he certainly heard it somewhere. Of course, they can and do make up their own sounds too.

Yes, after you have listened to them calibrate speech for a while, it's just like working with someone with a bad accent. You have a hard time understanding them, but your brain soon calibrates it's speech recognition files and pretty soon you understand exactly what they are saying. :-)