NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Dollar store things safe?

Acappella

I was in a really good dollar store with lots of stuff I could make toys out of. Small wooden cubes, ABC blocks, popsicle sticks, rafia, craft foam. The wooden cubes, popsicle sticks and blocks are coloured. Are they safe to use? What about craft foam letters and shapes. Large plastic beads. Coloured shoe laces. Dog collar chain? Wood coffee stir sticks? Where do some of you buy safe supplies?

It would be ok if you verify that the blocks are stained with simple food coloring, not paint.

It regards the shoelaces, the Dye is not really human or animal safe if ingested in large quantities. Which would probably not happen by your Grey simply playing with them.

The foam, as others stated, is not a good idea at all. Unless it is the type made from corn by products that is environmentally friendly.

The wooden coffee stirs and the like are fine and are not made of "treated" wood as they must be human safe and non-toxic.

I think it all boils down to checking and ensuring nothing toxic was used in the manufacture of any product you are going to use for your Parrot or yourself. :-)