NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

CLANCY WON'T EAT BIRD FOOD

CLANCY

Theresa there is a ton of information in the bird food room,please have a good read. what has he ate in the last 5/6 days ? Pellets ? seed ? fruit ? veg ? Greys are flock creatues they like to eat with you, you can either let him at certain meal times, but you need to feed him his own food to, make him a bowl up & let him eat with you, the other option is to return him to his cage when you eat.Tell us a rough day's eating habit so we can help some more.

If you are eating something healthy, let him have a bite or two and then put him in his cage with his food and if he protests leave the room. Perhaps the bite or two of your food will get him thinking about eating and make him want to eat. You may have to experiment and see what works for you. Lots of us share food with our birds though, just make sure it's good for him. Welcome here.

THANK YOU ALL FOR ANSWRS. CLANCY IS 16 WK TOMORROW, BY THE WAY, AND I THINK HE IS TRYING STUFF OUT. WHAT HE EATS: WEANING RINGS, AG MIX, A FEW SEEDS ARE OFFERED IN ONE BOWL; MIX OF DRIED FRUIT, CRACKERS, RICE CAKES IN ANOTHER. WITH ME HE HAS OATS/TOGHUT/CRANBERRY BREAKFAST OR SCRAMBLED EGG. I DO NOT SHARE UTENSILS! HE EATS FIRST. FOR LUNCH IT IS VEGGIES, RICE OR NOODLES. SUPPER SAME, PLUS POTATOES ARE A FAVORTE. HE HAS HAD ELK AND BUFFALO! IN PAST 3-4 DAYS HE HAS ONLY HAD ONE OR TWO BITESOF BIRD FOOD, EVEN THO I PUT HIM IN CAGE AND IGNORE. BUT TODAY I SCATTERED SELECT FOOD CHOICES ON LITTLE RUG IN MOTOR HOME I HAD NAP, HE PLAYED AROUND, CHECKED ON ME, THEN WENT TO EAT FOR HALF AN HOUR. HE ALSO ATE RAW VEGGIES WITH GUINEA PIGS. GUESS IT'LL BE FINE. HE ALSO LIKE A TINY BIT OF MIXD TROPICAL FRUIT---SLIGHTLY WARMED. I'M ASSUMING AS HE GETS OLDER HE WILL TAKE FRUIT RAW! SO FAR HE DOES NOT LIKE BREAD TYPE STUFF, EVEN MY HOMEMADE WITH SEEDS, NOR FLOUR-TYPE THINGS EXCEPT ONCE IN AWHILE A TASTE OF CRACKERS.