NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I'm so happy, Obi stepped up

Lovelylew

It's been one week today since Obi has been with us. I've been spending a lot of time talking to him. We opened his cage door the other day and he came out on his own. Today, I worked with him while he was in the cage, doing "step up." I let him alone for about an hour or more, later going back to have him not only step up, but came out of the cage while sitting on my finger. HUGE accomplishment. YAY, I'm so happy, I just had to share.

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday! {Feel-good-00020069}

Thanks everyone, it's such a thrill. I put him in his cage a little bit ago, and he stepped up and went right in. Of course, I have to do a little maneuvering to get him to step up, but he does. I can see he's becoming more confident with me. Let's hope it continues. I'd love to get a flight suit for him, but we're still a long way from that point. Each day, I'm hoping he gets more and more confident to where I can pet his head and back and even walk further from the cage with him on my finger. Patience is the key, and I have to practice patience since I want everything yesterday - lol - ;)

Congrats on this accomplishment, I would say small but it is a big one and you do need to do this every day so it becomes a habit. He will become more confident as time goes on but you realize the important thing is patience, lots of patience, you are doing great and you should be proud of yourself.:P

• 11 months later...

I'm with you on this one. Casper just stepped up for me the first time today. He's always loved my wife, but this is a big step for my own relationship with Casper. Best wishes on your long term relationship with this amazing bird.