NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Best place to place my baby's cage

Hi KnLMedlin & Welcome,

The cage needs to be located where the bird gets lots of interaction with you and the family.Ideally The cage should be against a wall to give the feeling of security. Situate the cage where it receives some natural light to keep your bird healthy. Avoid it being exposed directly near a window.Exposure to cooking fumes can be dangerous to the health of your grey.

Welcome KnLMedlin !!!

Yes, placing the Cage in your Den is fine.

You just need to insure you do not have or cook with anything Teflon coated and keep you Grey Caged when you do cook to ensure he/she can not accidentally receive a bad burn from a pan, boiling water, stuff just out of the Oven etc.

IT's great to have you here and we look forward to hearing more from you. :-)

Hello KnLMedlin and welcome to the family, we are so glad you decided to join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your grey.

You want to put the cage where the family spends the most time when they are home and if the den is that room then fine, I have Josey's cage in the family room, that works for us.

Josey does accompany me in the kitchen sometimes when I cook, it is not the cooking so much as what utensils you use, for teflon and non-stick cookware pose a hazard to greys. If you rid your home of that material then the kitchen does not have to be off limits other than to use precautions when using the stove to they don't get burned by a hot pan or a hot eye on the cooktop.

Take a little time and read thru the many threads for lots of useful and helpful information and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have. We will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

You didn't provide much information in your first post, but if you already have your grey and you have any pictures you would like to share with us we would love to see it.:)

Hi there and welcome. My living room joins on to the kitchen, thats where I keep charlie. Just make sure you read about hazards etc. Like Dan said not cooking with anything Teflon coated that is a real danger. Get rid of everything now. Do you already have a grey? Or are you preparing for a new arrival? Caroline

Yes we are preparing for a new arrial. We want to have him in the den which is also almost in the kitchen. We dont cook alot and we have read about the teflon. So we were wondering how other delt with this problem and advice. Thanks, we will be updating once we have him home. He is being weaned right now. We will have him may 1.

May 1st is coming soon KnLMedlin!! :-)

Make sure you throw out any and all Teflon coated cookware. The chemicals given off by it when heated will kill any bird.

Then, the rest of your new babies safety is up to you and just common sense as you would use with your own child. Keep away from hot pots, boiling water etc. so he can't receive a burn.

Looking forward to hearing more from you. :-)