NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mosfatal

Ok I feel I need to start at the beginning Chico was an egg that his mom had ejected from the nestafter caring for it for 18 days. I was friends w/ a friend of the breeder. After candling the egg I decide to try and hatch it the breeder made me a deal if the egg hacthed I could have the chic some formula and a cage plus he'd teach me how the hand feed all for $300 if it didn't I could buy one of the other chicks @ regular price. Needless to say he hacthed the breeder was so shocked that he gave him to me and I only paid for the cage.

So back to the present: After coming in the house and reading the link I sat in the middle of the feild where he could see me and jusst talked untill he started talking back. He was saying things like "help me ...I wanna step up now....Help me now" it was breaking my heart. He even went back to making his baby feed call which I haven't heard since he was 1 years old (he'll be 6 in july). So while I am talk ing to him he starts acking down the tree branch. So I am clap and saying "good job ...who's the smartest bird in the wole wide world" to which he resopnds chico. So he keeps opening his wings but everytime the wind would blow he'd snap them shut.

So in the meantime my friend a fellow Grey own (not to mention Bird Dept. intern at zoo atlanta) call to say she is on her way over to help.

Finaly he gets the courage to fly and is heading stright towards me the wind kick up and sends him off in the other direction.....just then clare calls to say she is in the parking lot....I am loosing it untill I hear the slightest peep he is in a bush maybe 12 feet in the air the losest t the ground he has been since he got out...so I pick up a branch and ask "Are u going to step up " "no" he replied and I should have listened ....I get the branch to his feet and he takes off ....He lands like 3 feet away about 5 feet higher...so Claare sit under the tree and starts eating peanuts form the tree we here "some chico wants" so clare explained he had tocome down to get it he keept putting his foot in the air to step up but wouldn't come down ....

So the maintaince man brinng my the pool net I clamb a 15 foot ladder and almost kill meself trying to net him he flies to another tree now like 2 stories in the air .....I start to cry he takes off again and flies over a yard w/ 5 pitbulls in it and is getting low so I am screaming "keeep going don't land " he makes it jusst to the other side of the fence ...the kids in the complex know the person who lives in the house with the dogs so they go to get him and Clare refuses to wait she hops about five fences and is looking where we think he landed...and hears "hello ...step up now" down by her feet is chico ...so she steps him up and is call to me "i have him but I dont have a towel" and then I hear her screaming he coming your way ....he flies back across the yard lands at my feet looks up & says "give me a kiss" I toweled him and ran back to thehouse as fast as I could