NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mosfatal

Chico has got out and is now in a tree at least 4 stories hi...I have taken his cage out there and prepared a large platter of his favs ....He is talking to me and asking for help but won't buge for the limb he is on I am at my wits end can ne one think of some I forgot or have any suggestions

:( Keep talking to him & keep him in your sight,how long has he been up there ? Is there anyone who can ring any animal rescues / bird sanctuary's in your area ? Is he too high to approach with a ladder ? What you dont want is him to be startled & fly away,keep reassuring him ,he may be coaxed down by seeing his cage or when hunger sets in.Also make your neighbors know the situation in case she shows up in their yard.<br><br>Post edited by: lovemyGreys, at: 2008/04/04 17:52

he has been in that particular tree since 8 am yesterday he has been out since 5pm weds. I hav made manny phone one of which to animal controll where they told me "it's a bird?...we aren't coming out for that" so I hung up b4 I started to cuss

well he has been out a while & has flown no further,so thats good,he is obviously scared & confused.i only pray he will come down for food,Can you not ring the fire dept,i know to them it's only a bird ! but here in the UK the emergency services will assist if they can.

Guest Skuffy

climb up and get him....Are you a Man or woman..?...Take a towel withyou just incase he wants to bite.Awwwwww I so hope you can get to him...where do you live..?

Oh No Mosfatal!!!

Read the link Tracy (LMG) posted in regards when my Conure took off.

Does your Grey have a play stand or something he likes to perch or play on that you could raise up on a pole to him so he could step on to it?

It worked for my Conure. I suspect your Grey is afraid to fly down from that height and will not come to you willingly unless he feels safe.

Please keep us posted!!!

Guest Skuffy

Yesssssssssssssss!!!!! You got him back, thats Made My morning, i was just looking for the Link to find out any more news and Yes,,you got him back,,,,so pleased for you....Max says Hi{Nature-00020095}