NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi everyone! I told a lot about my Grey who passed away, Kookers", in the Memorial section. I have lived with several birds, but Kooks was the only big parrot. I had several budgies, and a wonderfully sweet lovebird named Francia. I am getting a new baby the first week in may. His/her new cage is coming tomorrow and the toys should be here next week. I also bought some toys here in the pet store. When I got my last bird there was no internet!!! Wow what a difference! So much more information just like that! I have four children, my youngest is 15. I just became a Grandma last week! Very cute grandson I now have! I am a registered nurse and work in an ER. I LOVE my job! I have loved animals since I was a small child - all animals! We have 5 horses, 2 little goats, chickens, dogs and cats as well as 2 ferrets and a fish. Oh yes, I forgot Henry my daughters hamster! Our ferrets live outside in a huge cage 8ft. square. Ferrets and birds do not make good house mates! None of our animals ever tried to hurt Kooks - they were all scared of him except for our larger ferret! We are all very excited about our new baby coming! We miss Kooks so much. I couldn't even make toast for a week because he would always beg for a corner of my toast and I shared my morning toast with him for 17 yrs. I am a little nervous about the new baby as well! My last parrot I hand fed - this one will be weaned when I get him. I feel like a woman with grown children who just found out she is pregnant! Back to all that baby stuff! And the teenage yrs!!! Yikes! Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Hi lg17 & Welcome,

That was a very fitting tribute you paid to Kookers, & now your the expectant mom again & many of us here can relate to that ;) They are just like our children & become such a big part of our lives.We look forward to hearing all about your new arrival :)

Hello Lg17 and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and this new grey baby.

I'm sorry to hear about your grey that passed away but glad to know you are getting another one, once you have had one you know what joy they bring and have to have another one in your life.

Congrats on becoming a grandmom, I too am a gramdma of 3, 2 girls and 1 boy and one of the girls just turned 7 today. Unfortunately three is all I am going to have as my two kids have decided not to have any more kids but I enjoy them immensely as will you.

Not that you need it having had a grey for 17 years but read thru some of the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have. We will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

I look forward to the arival of your new baby in May and then you can share some pictures of it with us if you like.:)

lg17 welcome here :) I just read that sad story. I guess that besides being sad you were shocked as well - this coming as a surprise.

I hope you will enjoy your new baby anyhow and I am glad you joined this forum :)