NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Charlie hates me.

He will not let me or my wife take him out of his cage.

He seems to like my wife but he hates me.

he will just nibble at her fingers, but he goes for bone if I get near.

sometimes he goes down on the floor and from there he will hop on my hand or wrist he seems to be afraid of hands but he will give us a kiss sometimes as long as our hands are not near.

Any suggestions on how to get Charlie to be apart of us and not just that cranky old bastard, sitting over there?

Hello RustyJames and welcome to the family, we are so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Charlie.

We need a little more info from you to be able to advise you. How long have you had Charlie and how old is he? Has he had previous owners before you?

Take a little time and read thru the many threads for lots of useful and helpful information and do ask questions you may have. We will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

If you have some pictures of Charlie you would like to share with us we would love to see him.:)

hey rusty welcome aboard!

find the treat your birdy likes the best and then he only gets it from The Hand.

my merlin is a rescue bird so we have a lot of ground to make up but he will now take a desired treat from The Hand without hurling himself to the floor. (grape, bit of cheese, bit of scrambled eggy, pine nut have all been very successful)

i have found a lot of ambient time spent together is very helpful as well.

being a cat and dog person has not helped in my relationship with merlin as he is on the opposite end of the food chain and i have to think more like a birdy does. and with a lifespan of 50+ years i have to look at the passage of time differently too. what i start to work on with merlin today might not come to fruition til weeks and months have passed, whereas in the dog world you can expect more immediate results.

i am looking forward to hearing more about you and your little fellow! i will say i have learned a great deal from this forum and venture a guess that you will too.