NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

strange behavior

Hi everybody. This is my first forum so forgive me if I don't know quite what to do here.

I do have a question.

My grey Pepper puts his head in the corner of his cage, holds on, and then starts kicking his leg. My new baby Noki at 8 weeks has started the same behavior.

Does anyone know what this signifies. I have no idea what it is.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Hello Waterway and welcome to the family, so glad you decided to join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your greys.

So you have 2 greys now and they are going to the corner of the cage and kicking their legs, sounds like they are doing the chicken scratch, thats what I call it and young greys will display that behavior. My Josey does the same thing and it usually means she wants to come to me, her wings are clipped and she cannot fly so she is begging me to come and get her. Your new baby is just copying his behavior.

Take a few minutes and read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have. We will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

If you have some pictures of Pepper and Noki you would like to share with us we would love to see them.

Hee-hee! We get that question a lot. It certainly does seem puzzling when they start doing it, right?

Yes, Klaus used to do this (and still does sometimes at just over 1 year old) to let us know he wants out. If it's not a good time for him to be out, I just ignore it and he stops eventually. I figure he's getting some good exercise kicking like that! :P

Thank you all for your info. My Pepper is 10 years old and just started doing this a couple of months ago. I have had him for about 2 years. Noki is such a little ham. I don't know if he saw Pepper or just does it on his own. I will try to upload pictures of them as soon as I can. Thank you again for making me feel welcome.