NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

HELP CAG & WATER BOTTLE

momy442000

I have a CAG that will not keep his water bottle on his cage...I don't know if dismantling it to get it off is some form of entertainment for him...but not so much for me. He also likes having a water bottle because he uses it to dip his food in when he's eating and it keeps the water fresher and if you give him a bowl he will just dump it over. Soooo does anybody have any suggestions on how to CAG proof this water bottle so he can't knock it off of his cage anymore. My concern is that he will go without water for a period of time if we are not home one day and I can't put a back-up water dish cause he dumps that too. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. He really is a good bird...just a little braty sometimes.

That one looks like it just might work. I had several types of bottles...one that just has the spring(which now looks like someone really stretched it out) & then one that had a holder that screwed onto the cage and then you lock the bottle onto it and he dismantled it in 3 different pieces in about 5 minutes.

LOL...man, it sounds like you have a wood chipper disguised as a grey!!!

One thing I just though of is getting a peace of plexiglass or other really durable plastic and mount it inside the cage with just a small hole for the bottle neck to stick out. That way he can't get to the bottle to distroy it!

Greys are notriously intelligent and well versed in dismantling, unlocking, shredding etc. anything that is placed before them.

The water bottle displayed in the link will have the plastic tabs and screw-on holder destroyed fairly rapidly.

One like the Lixit might be the best solution for you:

http://www.petsolutions.com/default.aspx?ItemId=76700623&EID=SP76700623&SID=SPCM

Hope this helps.

This would be a good idea except he's not locked in his cage and therefore has access to all sides and if he dosen't get the bottle off from the inside he goes to the outside. It's funny how different personalities are because I have a TAG and she does not do these things but the CAG we joke about and say he's Mr. search and destroy...its like his mission in life..LOL..LOL