NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

why do greys like to peek through things?

sandra902

what a funny little habit!

i was enchanted with the photo of the grey peeking through the hole in the newspaper.

now i find merly will peek at me through the center of his rope wreath.

he will also peek at me through the little ring holding one of his hanging toys.

why are they fond of peeking? just a curious observation.

-s

I keep a 12 pack Pepsi carton in Dayos cage floor all the time. He loves to walk inside, chew a hole an watch you through it. I think they believe the are being sneaky and you don't notice them. :-)

He goes through around a 12 pk a Month ;-) by then it is chewed to pieces. :-)

i like it that your dayo plays like that.

young merlin was confined in a too-small bunny carrier for weeks before he was finally surrendered to rescue so i think he was robbed of that playful part of having a 'fort'. but who knows i might be limiting him in my own thoughts!

so his little fort is not covered in splats?

i found this soft sided collapsible cat carrier that i thought merlin might like as a fort. i found one of those toddler toys with a wooden base and the big beads they could make go up and down the metal/heavy wire hills. so i propped it open on the floor near the base of his ladder thinking it would be fun for him.

um, no...it was a new bird-killing device from the devil's daughter.

ah well! they are each little individuals that is for sure.<br><br>Post edited by: sandra902, at: 2008/03/29 23:04

That is a great pic. When I cover Charlie on a night there is a small gap at the bottom and he jumps straight down and continues to watch us until HE is ready for bed. Its so funny, its like a big came of peek a boo to him. If we ignore him you will here HELLO! They are so funny.:)

spookyhurst wrote:

Nikko loves to peak through things at people :):

Nikkobox13.jpg

{Feel-good-0002006E}

and what do you do when you see him doing this, Spookyhurst? can you control your laughing?

Very cute pic. I wonder if it has to do with them peeking out of their nest as babies? They nest in tree holes in the wild don't they? That would also explain why they don't "poop" inside their "fort" :) Of course this doesn't explain the behavior of those raised in captivity but it may be an instinctual thing.

casper wrote:

That is a great pic. When I cover Charlie on a night there is a small gap at the bottom and he jumps straight down and continues to watch us until HE is ready for bed. Its so funny, its like a big came of peek a boo to him. If we ignore him you will here HELLO! They are so funny.:)

Nikko chews holes in her cage cover just big enough to look out of. She peeks out of them in the morning so that she knows when I wake up (and promptly demands to be gotten up). My mom has fixed the cover several times, but said no more. Looks like I'll have to relearn how to sew :unsure:.