NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

walking on the floor

Sterling

My flock of 4 has there own bird room. Sometimes my 3 year old CAG will climb down off her cage while playing and climb up her sister’s cages to play or just sit.

If I am in the room with her and not paying full attention to her, she climbs down, walks over to me, and wants to play. I sit on the floor with her. Sterling likes to play ball on the floor.

In the past, few weeks while I am out of the room sterling climbs down her cage and leaves her room and walk down the hall. The hall floor is tile so I can hear her leave her room. Is she looking for me or just wondering around?

You are so lucky to have a bird room, our place has just became cleos.

I think its really cute when greys go adventuring, cleo if we leave the room will fly from her cage and try and find us but we dont have any perches in our hall so she always ends up on top of the doors or on some weird and wonderful make shift perch.

Does anyone kow where you can get hold of a perch suitable for a shower i have seen a video on youtube of an amazon on a great perch in a shower and want to get one for cleo.

MisterDavE wrote:

You are so lucky to have a bird room, our place has just became cleos.

Yep I know that feeling... bird poop EVERYWHERE!

Honestly my friends must think I never clean my house, they just have no idea how much s**t comes out of 3 parrots :) !!!!

I have my two greys officially in the dining/family room and the caique in the office. But the poop gets in every room in the house!

my sensei does not like being at floor level or even lower than others.. his fav place is on top of my living room door where he flys backwards & forwards going from room to room (depending where I am also)... from wardrobe door to kitchen door he is so funny.. got to try get him out of that though as it is not good to be away from everything - he will start isolating himself.. dont want that now do i... anyone suggest anyways I can get him to play mroe with me at a lower level or with some toys as he only climbs on them in the cage not really play - that I see anyway....xx

Dave, you can buy shower perches with the suction cups, but I highly recommend spending the extra money and buying the ones that have a square plastic cover over the suction cups. Talon has chewed the suction cups and has pulled them off the wall. I have gone through 4 of them before finding the one with the covers on them. She still occasionally manages to get it to fall off the window. (I use them on the windows, as she HATES getting wet in the shower. I have them all over my house windows. Spoiled little thing that she is!!) :pinch: