NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Too Quiet at home.....

Guest blind damonk

Guest blind damonk

finding it really quiet at home, and have been thinking we could give another little birdie a luving home...

We arnt too keen on having another Cag because I think it will not be the same as having our little baby back :-(

So really Im after a bit of advice on what you lot think about other species? Amazons mainly I think.. any comments welcome..

Karen & Ben

(missing our Shadow like mad..)

Guest enloop

At the same time amazons are great. Funny lively, talkative. Real characters in fact. Im a bitten shortly biased as I've several of them :0)

Guest (TSRTS)

Hi Ben, No it won't be the same, but in time you will learn to love another CAG.

When I lost my cockatiel keebler I told hubby I didn't want another one because it hurt so bad. I did end up with another cockatiel, even thou it isn't the same as my keebler I love smoky just as much as I did keebler.

Than I had a bunch of ducks out here, and needless to say they were killed by wild dogs. I had this one I name daffy that really liked me and when it was killed I decided than I wasn't getting any more. Well needless to say after almost two years we did end up getting more, and I have another daffy. I know this might sound crazy to a lot of people, but sometimes I feel like this is my first daffy recreated he ended up with some of the characteristic of my other daffy.

As far as amazons go, I really don't know much about them. My friend

Judy has a double headed yellow amazon, and have baby sat for her three times, and they are wonderful creatures also.

Hope these brings you some comfort and hope for bringing in a new little one.

• 6 years later...

Hello Ben,

I had a Blue Front Amazon and Silky was the best. She taught me more about birds than I thought I could learn. She was so gently with me. When we got our CAG (SilverStarr)she would growl and shriek but Silky would talk to her and taught her not to do that. Silky was a mimicker. She sang songs that I taught her and different sayings. She was a fantastic bird. She used to bark in three different tones as I had three dogs a the time and she also meowed. She would greet me with Hello baby, what is the baby girl doing?

I so do miss her but she was one of my stepping stones in life and I thank God that she was mine. I wish you the best in what ever decision you make.

-----

Treat all animals the way you would like to be treated!...SilverStarr...Linda

I too love the Amazon speicies Ihave the sweetest most loveing wonderful funny very playful amazon there is. She is cuddly and loveing she has never bit me in the 9 years that I've had her she is the best. She is also very noisy at times like when I'm on the phone or doing something that takes me away from her attention for to long but I couldn't live without her she is the best. She also gets along with Tyco quite well they are friends.

HPIM2916.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2008/11/24 23:29