NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

sorry, pic enclosed, scratching ears

gbdb_kcb

mybooty.jpg

Hi Everyone,

It has been a while since I posted, I was waiting to see if my Booty's feathers started to grow back and alas, no. I am not sure if the image attached or not.

My Nittles Bird aka (Booty:) has been scratching at her ears and feathers are disappearing. I took her to the vet and the vet in training (which I did not know at the time as it was my first time there) checked in her ears and didnt see any infection or inflamation and checked the area around her ears and did not see anything. He did give me medicine to put on her ears and we have been able to do so some of the time, but whenever we go to put the drops on her, she becomes a boxer and her head starts to bob and weave.(any ideas on an easier way?) My question is, has anyone seen anything like this before. I am scheduled to go see the original doctor next week, but just wanted to see if anyone has an idea.

PS. I thought it may be dry skin because she hates baths. Since then though I soak her with Aloe Juice and Water. Do you think if I put Aloe Gel on her blank patch if that would be ok? Also, I heard the putting diluted GSE on it would kill any bacteria.Has anyone heard of that or putting some aloe juice or gse in her water.

Please advise! My little Booty is very happy, sings and is trying to talk, plays with her toys everything. I work from home so I am with her all day and her entire cage is cleaned with water and GSE.

If anyone knows anything I would appreciate it.

Thanks so much!

Leigh:)

mybooty.jpg

Oh Boy, this is out of my expertise.

Some Aloe Gel might Help with the scratching if it's not an infected ear. I don't hold a lot of confidence to "In Training" personnel.

It sounds like Booty is a Happy Camper though and getting along well otherwise. :-)

Dan you know, I feel the same way about the "in training" doc. Funny thing is you pay the same amount as the trained doc so what is that?!

Thanks so much for your post. She is very happy and loves to eat, ha, I cant believe such a little baby bird can hold such a HUGE part of my heart!!!

Have a great day!

I definitely will!!! We go see the real doctor next week, so I will keep everyone informed!!! I am going to try to give her a real bath tomorrow, we have been spraying her every other day with George's Aloe Vera Juice and it doesnt seem to be helping. I am going to get the gel tomorrow. I will let you all know and thanks for all of the helpful advice!

I would get an Aloe plant and use the gel that is inside the plant. I don't like the gels you buy in the store because they are not 100% aloe. The are all kinds of additives in them. I would not feel comfortable letting my Elmo eat it so I would not put it on him.