NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Soon-to-be paront

Hi everyone. Just found this awesome forum. I'm hoping to be a new paront very shortly. I'm about to speak with someone about a 5-month-old Congo African Grey. Five months is a good age to purchase, isn't it? What sort of questions should I ask? The Grey will be shipped via Delta airlines. I've had cockatiels for 14 years, but never anything larger. I've seen pictures and the Grey is beautiful. I fell in love with him instantly, and I've been researching and visited a pet store last night without seeing anything interesting or appealing to me. Thanks in advance for any input.

This is the info I have so far:

The bird is weaned and ready to go. The bird does well socially. It has been raised with a family and children along with other animals. It's friendly and sweet, and no bad habits thus far.

Hi lovelylew & Welcome.

From the information provided it sounds as if the grey has had a good start in life.Being raised in a family environment always aids the process of having a very sociable bird.something you must continue once you have your baby home.i have no experience with shipping greys, but your baby will be fine,a little tired, maybe a little traumatized by the experience but will settle given a time.Do keep us updated.:)

Hello Lovelylew and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your new Cag.

So this is your first larger bird having had cockatiels for a long time but greys are different from them as I'm sure you already know. They require more time and attention and are a lifetime committment.

Five months is a good age to bring home your grey, it is fully weaned has been socialized also according to the breeder so yes it is ready to go to its new home.

Take a little time and read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have. We will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

When you do get your baby home if you would like to share some pictures with us we would love to see it.

HI Lovely and welcome! 5 months is a great age! I had my grey shipped via Delta. Just get there early for pick up so he doesn't have to remain in the cargo any longer than is necessary It takes time to do all the paperwork.

I can't wait to see pictures and hear more. Please keep us posted! :)

I'm anxiously awaiting the finalization of the process. Waiting is difficult, especially when I want him now. I hope the deal goes through without any problems. I'll keep you informed and post pictures when my baby is home with us. Have a fantastic Friday! ;)