NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Need some creative input-long post

Acappella

I have this cage and stand I inherited with Dorian. It's actually from a retail display meant to hold 2 cages. I have the cage on the bottom because I don't feel it's stable enough on the top. There are a couple pictures attached. Here are my questions.

1. Is this cage large enough for a sleep cage, or to take Dorian out with me now and then this summer while I garden? It's 17 1/2" x 17 1/2 " x 28"H

2. The metal bars of the stand have a few chipped spots. I cleaned it off well. Could I spray paint it with pet safe metal paint (this spring when it warms up), or I thought I could wrap the bars with sisal rope. Then would it be safe for Dorian to climb on it?

3. Dorian doesn't have a play gym. Could I make the upper part of the stand into a gym by wrapping it and adding ladders & stuff (here's where I need the creative help.)

Thanks in advance for your input! cage_stand003.jpg

cage_stand003.jpg

I think for a sleep cage, it will be fine. Do you have a place for some food and water dishes? Some like to snack at night. I think for going outside, it will be perfect, and I love the idea of the play area on top. It has great potential!!

I would be careful about the painting though, if the paint has chipped off, it will continue. The sisal rope might be a better option. You could have it sandblasted and then painted also.

I'm sure others here will have different ideas. B)

Well that has loads of potential ;) It will be fine as a sleep cage, as Talon said be sure to add a few dishes.I would personally use the sisal rope around the bars, it's much better for their feet than perching on the metal.you should be able to drill a few holes & hang some toys up.A ladder is a good idea, im sure once you put your mind to it,it will look fab, make sure you show us the end result :)