NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Urgent Help on Transport.

Falconeer

Hello friends,

I just met this friend of a friend who has a very sweet CAG. The name is Clipper and he/she is so funny. Talks, says his owner's phone number and other cool stuff. She rescued the bird and gave me tonnes of advice too.

Now she asked me if she was going back to the UK, what kind of paper work would get her bird out and in UK. I just checked with the Vet and they told me that a Helth Check paper would okay the bird OUT of UAE but we need to check with UK what is it that they need. The bird has NO leg ring.

Then I started thinking... I might be moving in a year to US (next summer)... So what do they need in Texas to okay the bird? I have NO Birth Certificate. Would go back to the pet store tomorrow to see if he can provide one (but highly unlikely).

Any suggestions, Ideas, HELP? We do not want to loose our birds.

Live Animals and Birds

Live animals and birds may enter the United States subject to certification, certain permits, inspection, and quarantine rules that vary greatly with the type of animal and its origin. Pet birds purchased abroad for personal use may enter, subject to restrictions by some state departments of agriculture.

For general information and permit application, contact APHIS/ NCIE at 301-734-7830 or. In addition, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regulates importation of certain animal species. Importation of animals for scientific or exhibition purposes is strictly controlled through a registration process. Contact the CDC in Atlanta, GA., at 404-639-8107 or visit National Center for Infectious Diseases - Traveler's Health ( NCID ) for detailed information.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/clearing_goods/agri_prod_inus.xml

COPIED FROM: