NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello!

I would like to introduce myself, but first i have to say that my english is a little bit rough, I apologize for any mistakes that I might make... :dry:

My name is Michelle, i'm 23, i was born in the states but at 8 I had to move to Portugal with my parents...

In a couple a days, I'm going to have my little congo african grey! The breeder is going to let me choose from 2 baby greys, one is a male and the other is a female. Which is a bit of a problem, because I don't know which one to pick. Can anyone help me? Could there be any behavior diferences between a male and a female?

Many Thanks!

Hi Michelle & Welcome,

There really is no difference in picking a male v female,they both equally make wonderful pets,personally i would just go along & see which ones appeals to you more, which one are you drawn to ? That will be the one ;) Do keep us updated on your new baby.

I don't know of any major differences between males & females.

But I wanted to welcome you, and compliment you on your English. You are doing great!

Trust me, some of the Americans & Brits on here don't have perfect English, either! :laugh: LOL

Hello Michelle and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your new grey.

Don't worry about your English, even those of us with English as our only language have trouble with it, forgetaboutit.

Whether or not you choose male or female it doesn't matter which but when you see both of them see which one reacts better to your presence, sometimes the grey picks you and not vice versa.

Take a little time and read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have. We will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.:)

Thank you for the warm welcome everybody!

Friday night he/she will be here! I'm so excited!:woohoo: I've got everything (toys, cage, harness, food) already in place, but most important: ME...just waiting for him/her, to love inconditionally, to play, to teach some cool things (i hope!), and of course that I'm going to learn something for him/her too...lol:cheer: