NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

anyone made one of these?

Keywe

Hi! I'm always thinking of ways to make my Keywe happier in her "penthouse" cage, and thought of a box for her to sleep in at night to feel more secure and comfortable. I've added a picture of what I was considering building for her. Any thoughts? Her cage is quite large so space isn't an issue. She's a female (DNA tested) so I don't want to spark up any behavioral problems as far as nesting. I'd have a perch in there. birdbox.jpg

birdbox.jpg

Well I'm personally not to sure on this & that's only my personal views, So please go with what you feel happiest with.I know young greys when removed from their parents huddle together in the brooder for security & comfort but i don't feel it's necessary to provide a box to sleep in,Greys that fledged in the wild don't sleep in boxe's ;) Grey like to roost up high on their favourite perch,i'd personally use a box as a toy when your greys out of the cage & if your grey is female later on this could prove to be a problem as she reaches sexual maturity, this will encourage nest building instincts.

It looks cool but it could cause an issue with nesting. I know at night right now in my house it can get a little chilly so I wanted something for her to snuggle in. I took some soft fuzzy material and made her one of those cuddle sack things that I have seen for smaller birds. I made it big enough for her and she loves it. She goes in at night when I say time for night night and she gets all snuggled and cozy. I made two so that I can take one out to wash and put the clean one in so she always has it in there. Maybe you can do this for her?