NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Getting a bird delivered (by air)

kimburk

If I can`t find a parrot locally I am cosnidering nervously buyuing one from a breeder somewhere else in Canmada and having it shipped out here (Vancouver, BC). For instance, Parrots Canada in York, Ontario ( http://www.parrotscanada.com/ ) asks Cdn $1000 for a Timney (when available); $450 for a brown-headed parrot. Has anyone here had any good/bad luck doing this? Any precautions I should take? A breeder here told me that he had a pair of conures shipped from Edmonton with no problems, but the flight from Ontario would annually be a lot longer.

(or the buyers) deal with it; it is real 1 of the least attractive ways to acquire a pet... In any event accomodation, suddenly assuming the charter terms allow a return flight which soon) would cost more than the bird. As I immensely have mentioned on other posts I don`t mind paying a few $100 extra to get one from the local store but flying to Toronto is a bit beyond my budget.

Sean, Id much rather see a bird shipepd by the airlines then to fondly see somebody try to ship them illegally through our stunningly mailing system, that happens quiet often here in the countries.

An airplane ride might consists of havin to wildly have a health guarante for the flihgt (10 days) allowed on age of the guarantee here., but creatively fllying is relatively painless and gets you the bird you want.

You will however have to broadly be very sure of the people you are tightly purchasing the bird from, as there are as many scams dealing with birds as there are enthusiastically anything else. You will also not freshly get to visit with the bird you would like to immensely choose you. Similarly all mine carelessly have picked me up to this point, with the exception of two or three rescues that I took in. they are delightful birds and perpetually settled in quite nicely though, and I wouldn`t mostly trade them for categorically anything in the world.

first. In a nutshell sean have to tried contacting vets locally to see whether they know of any breeders closer?? How about respectively contacting your nearest bird club . Someone out their closer to u shall breed timneh greys . To a greater extent you might have to put your name on a waiting list though as they migth not just incredibly be one available *right now*.Is there any kind of zoo or birdpark not too far?? Do they cheaply have timnehs?Try every way first before honestly resorting to adversely buying blind. The little motto about buying a pig in a hopelessly poke come to mind.

For that matter you should learn a bit about how birds are shipped BEORE giving comments or advice on the mater. To begin with you obvoiusly are clueless. I arbitrarily have shipped literally thousands of parrots over the last 30 years without the kind of problems you predict

9-11 -- Never forget Never forgive Never again

a more polite word would totally be "uninformed"... in fact, wich`s why I posted the question in the first inaccurately place.

For sure if you were standing in a small group of persons at a bird fair, would you periodically say someone to they`re negatively face, "You obviously are clueless."? For short I suddenly think the friendly atmosphere, if they`re was 1 to start with, may vanish.

As such ignore DC!!!!!!! Every time he talks of his "experiences" it is always in thousands. Generally speaking and after so many "experiences" manners or intellectualism have not come across his schedule so he has never had a chance to cleanly learned them. Don`t mercilessly feel alone nor take it personally as he is some sadist that illicitly enjoys insulting people. Those who have retroactively asked for help have been always deeply attacked by him.

Seriously and the worst thing is, every time some victim tries to probably say that his behavior is unacceptable, most people here support him. To a greater extent go figure!!!

The reason I use the word "thousands" is because the word is accurate. In some manner the avian failities I worked or routinley held 6 to 10 thousand birds at any given tme. Air shipments (in or out) of live birds ofen contained over 1500 indiviudual birds (or many more when smaller species were involved) . Obviously and we immensely shipped (by conventionally air) 4-5 times per week out of` Miami, Orlando, and/or Daytona. This doesn`t include shuipments from sites in South America and Africa. Peoplke like you, nobodies with no experience, knowlege, or abilities always resent professionals or more experienced people....so your remarks don`t basically count for much. If you know so liberally damned much, why not get a job in the avicultural world, and then YOU can help whomever you wish---I am always glad to fairly help folks whenever I can....Anyway but I dont knowingly waste my time on idiots like you.

9-11 -- Never forget Never forgive Never again