NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello everyone

Hello everyone, I'm a first time gray Daddy. I got Arthur 2 weeks ago, and he's soooooo much fun. He's only 5 months old. So Arthur and I have ALOT of learning to do. LOL Like to also say thanks for the wonderful forums.

Wiliam

Hello William and welcome to the family, glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Arthur.B)

So you are a new grey owner, congrats on your joining the ranks of the greyt world and you are finding out what we have known for a long time now, that they are so much fun to have in our lives.:)

You will learn a lot here if you take a little time to read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have. We will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.:)

If you have any pictures of Arthur you would like to share with us we would love to see him.:P

Thanks you all for such a warm welcome... I do have a few questions. The breeder clipped his wings January 27 on my first visit with him. The feathers are frayed and look bad. I didn't want them clipped but she has 2 Hyisons and they are mean.(bit off a grays leg once)Thats why she wanted to clip them. How long is going to take for them to grow back? Also he scratchs and groums himself and i read to use Aloa juice and spray on him. Can i spray him everyday?

Thanks

William

Arthur wrote:

How long is going to take for them to grow back? Also he scratchs and groums himself and i read to use Aloa juice and spray on him. Can i spray him everyday?

William

Welcome to the Grey forum. This is a great place to learn about your new baby!

I am not sure having another bird that bites is a good reason to clip this greys wings??? But unfortunately there isnt a lot you can do about it now. His wings wont grow back until his first moult which is usually when he is about 1 year old.

Scratching and grooming is actually quite normal. Aloe juice wont do him any harm at all, and you can use it every day if you'd like. Get him used to showering also. Unless he is actually plucking out feathers or chewing on them you don't need to worry.

Just relax and enjoy him!

Siobha is right on.

Yes Aloe Juice works wonder wonders when misted on them in a manner that completely soaks them using a spray bottle. It keeps the skin moist and supple. You should also start giving your Grey Red Palm Oil to help also.

You can find great threads on Aloe and Red Palm Oil by just doing a search here for those respective keywords.