NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Mischevious CAG!

pixiexoxo

Hi all,

My CAG today has started to do something very mischevious and we're at a bit of a loss as to what to do. He has discovered that he can grab his water bowl from the side of the cage and literally pull it off (of which he has done numerous times and I have cleaned up:blink: )

Everytime I have cleaned up the huge puddle and refilled his water bowl and put it back up, he goes straight over to it and pulls it off again.....such a fun game :laugh: Any ideas to how we can get him to stop this before it becomes a problem as I really don't like the idea of going out and him not having any water to drink because he has made pretty patterns with it on the cage floor???

Amy x :)

Oh my! Bella does that too! :angry: I've taught her "no no" and I tell her that, so she waits for me to leave, then she runs back to do it again grrrrrrrrr :S :S :S So, Luckily I have clamps for her food and water bowls so, I've now started to use them and she can't pull them out any more B)

Clamps..... looks like something I may have to invest in!!! :laugh:

If he continues to do so I shall go see if I can modify the bowl somehow. I did tell Biggles no, which he does normally listen to but on this occasion he seems sooooooo defiant ha ha. I feel bad about spoiling his fun tho... maybe I should buy another water bowl for him to drink from and just leave him to have fun with chucking the other one about... what do you think??

once the fun is over with the first bowl, he'll probably go 'again again' in his head and try for the second bowl. all i can see happening with that is he'll get use to playing with his water bowls and instead create a mess, splashing around with the clamped down one trying to get that on the floor as well. perhaps its best to just get him out of the habit altogether no? just a suggestion =) may not apply to your grey, all individual. :cheer:

Dorian also discovered that he could spin his stainless dish until he unlocked it from the holder, and nothing could discourage him from doing it. My friend at the pet store found this dish, and he's had it for a few months. He hasn't ever been able to dislodge it, and I've watched him try over and over again! Now I use his old water dish for treats. He doesn't fling it until it's empty! water_dish005.jpg

water_dish005.jpg

Hi everyone!!

Thanks to you all for your ideas and stories... am sooo glad that i'm not the only one whose CAG loves to make a mess!

I thought I would try to move his perch yesterday as it was a new one that ran right next to his water bowl. I removed it completely and "TA-DAH!!" he hasn't once pulled his water off or even attempted! :woohoo:

Maybe it was his way of telling me that he wasn't happy with either a new perch or didn't like where I had placed it lol.

I have to admit that I have been taught a very important lesson..... my bird is smarter than me and will not stop until I solve the problem ha ha ha. Utterly, totally, slavishly devoted???... you betcha lol!!

:laugh:

Thanks again everyone

Amy & Biggles xx PARROT.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: pixiexoxo, at: 2008/03/19 10:11

PARROT.jpg

I started using a water bottle for our Severe Macaw because he did this.He loved to flip it over and spill water everywhere.I'm also going to get one for our grey.The bottles are much,much easier all the way around.

Hi everyone!

As cute as the birdie in the macaroni pic is, it's not mine. Found the pic on tinternet and thought you might find it funny too :-)

Good news, Biggles still hasn't tipped his water about since removing the new perch I had placed in his cage so it seems like problem solved. I'm still going to go have a look at different water dispensers though. The water bottles sound great and I know i'd be alot happier going out for a few hours knowing that he definately will have water.

Thanks for all your help and comments again. So glad I found this forum :)

xx

pixiexoxo wrote:

Amy & Biggles xx PARROT.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: pixiexoxo, at: 2008/03/19 10:11

{Feel-good-0002006E} {Feel-good-0002006E} {Feel-good-0002006E}

great!!