NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Excited new member

Hi All!

Pleased to 'meet' you all!

I'm very excited as I'm picking up my baby grey on Saturday. I've decided to call him Neboo.

I thought I'd join just in case I needed any of your experienced advice in the future!

I had a Cockatiel called harvey for about 13 years, but unfortunately he died a couple of years ago. So now I've decided to take that big step up and get a Grey!

I can't tell you how excited I am!

I've been reading books and articles on the internet about African greys for months now! But does anyone have any top tips about how to handle Neboo's first day at home? I really want him to feel safe and comfy.

Hello Celshaw and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Neboo.

Congrats on bringing home your new baby grey this Saturday and I know you are excited about that, and especially if this is your first one. Once you have him home you will wonder how you ever got along without him.

Take a little time and read thru the many threads for lots of useful and helpful information and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have. We will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

When you bring Neboo home if you would like to share some pictures of him with us we would love to see him.

Hi, and welcome!

The advice I would give for Neboo's first day in his new home would be to try to limit his time out of the cage to what you know you can reasonably handle on a daily basis. He might be hurt if he's out a lot on his first day, then you dash off the next day to work and don't have as much time for him. Also, I would try to keep things reasonably calm - he's bound to be a little nervous at first.

Best of luck! We look forward to hearing how things are going...