NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

hello! looking for grey!

eva8

hi!

this seems like a great community for grey owners. nice to meet you all.

i've been a bird lover all my life, and have finally decided i'm ready to get a grey. problem is finding one.

i live in maine, far away from the mainstream, and greys are very rare to start with.

if someone could point me in the right direction for finding a bird, i would sure appreciate it.

i'm not in any hurry to find my grey, but i can't wait, if you know what i mean :)

thank you!

eva8

Ok, if I'm right and the correct abbreviations for maine is ME then I only found one breeder! It called

B and G Aviaries

Albion, ME 04910

207-993-2949

sorry I couldn't find more, but I really don't live anywhere near maine! But I'll an eye out! And if you don't mind shipping a bird to you I can tell you of some breeder that way! Just PM me! bye! :)<br><br>Post edited by: greenwinged, at: 2008/03/17 18:27

Hello Eva8 and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to helping you find and get that grey.

So you have decided you are ready to get a grey, have you ever had any other birds before or is this your first one?

Take a little time and read thru the many threads for lots of useful information that will help you understand the grey and how they are different from other parrots. Ask questions, however trivial they may be, and we will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

www.avianconnection.com is one site you could check for breeders in your area and other members may have suggestions for where you may be able to find one and of course you can always have one shipped to you from a breeder further away.

Welcome Eva!!

Good luck in you search. This is the time of year that many breeders have Greys sitting on eggs. You timing is impeccable and you should be able to find a Grey "Egg" just waiting to be hatched relatively close. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Well Eva I have a grey and a sun conure too and they don't get along so don't be surprised if yours don't either, and its the conure that is the more agressive of the two so don't force anything, just maybe yours will become friends.

I look forward to hearing more about Zelda when you get the chance and maybe some pics too if you can.:P