NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Awk Awk is talk

taqitin

...at least thats all I hear him say. We came about another grey about 2 weeks ago. He his 1yr old... he acts very much a baby. Beaker, my 9 yr old cag, is still a "meany" and attacks everyone - xcept me...but then again, I have to watch his mood before I approach him (He`s significantly better than when first got him ...but still bites hands <attack style-not grabbing>). Anyways ..I digressed - my other Cag`s name is Vinnie. He is sweet as pie and everyone holds him and talks to him ..cuddles ect. But he doesn`t talk. We had been playing "PeekABoo" with him for a while and he makes a "eee-eee-ooo" sound from time to time ..but its closer to Awk Awk than the human voice. I`ve heard that there are many Cags that just don`t talk - Gosh ..I hope this isn`t the case with Vinnie. He`s such a sweety .... any clues on this? We have this silly "training" tape that we got from the guy that raised him ... "hello hello hello - adnauseum" ...but I don`t think its made any kind of dent in him what so ever.

Oh yeah ...I wanted to say to some here that had recommended allowing Beaker to bite the hand until he quits ..FAT CHANCE! My son did this for 15 minutes a day for about 1 month ...his hand is sooooo shredded. And Beaker hasn`t changed one bit as to his feelings for hands - SIGH! ... I have been able to get him to step onto my hand 2 times in the last 1 month ..but thats only when he feels threatened by someone else and is looking to me to `save him`.