NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello

I'm new to the board, new TAG owner. When i saw my little Mahiri at the pet shop it was love at first sight, she something really special. I've had her for a month now, she's 8 months and handfed, and she has become one of my dearest friends! I've had many many pets, and she is definately one of a kind, not like any other pet I've ever had.

Hello MahiriMommy and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Mahiri.

That is a lovely name for a grey, does it have a special meaning but from what it looks like it sounds delightful like it just rolls off the tongue.

I'm not surprised that you feel the way you do about your grey, we here all share that same feeling that our greys are the dearest comapnions that we could ever have. Once you have one you wonder how you ever got along without one, they are very precious indeed.

Do you have any other birds right now or any other pets, most of us have more than one bird and some of us have many pets of many different kinds, we just don't know when to quit.:laugh:

Take a little time and read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have. We will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.:)

If you have any pictures of Mahiri you would like to share with us we would love to see them.:P

Thanks so much. Mahiri does have a special mean it's Swahili for "clever". Which she is! Indeed we do have many other animals. We have a house FULL of love. We have Mahiri of course, an umbrella cockatoo named Chester, 2 cockatiels, 3 dogs, 3 cats, 2 iguanas, and 20 turtles and tortoises(my husband is a turtle enthusiest, really know his stuff and takes in the rescued ones nobody else wants). Each and every one of our pets including turtles all have a special name. I will definately read through the posts you can never have too much info. I remember everything I read so these forums are very useful for me. Thanks for the welcome.

-Sheila

Yes you do have a house full of animals but if you love them then the more the merrier I say. If you want to share some pictures of your cockatoo, cockatiels and your other animals we have an other birds room where you can post them if you like. I would be interested in seeing your other animals if you would share them with us also.

I knew that name had a special meaning and it fits her doesn't it.:P