NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hey.Single African grey free to any good home

cobimoore

hey,

my African grey is talent to mimic is not restricted to human speech; they readily and skillfully imitate many other "human" sounds like microwaves, doorbells, telephones, coffee grinders and percolators, computer modems and water faucets, to name just a few.My Grey is prized as pets because of her ability to learn to speak like humans. she is very vocal in the wild, communicating with a large repertoire of shrill whistles, squawks, and screams, while flying or perching. she often mimic other birds and mammals. This is evident in many pet parrots, as they imitate cats, chickens, owls and other domestic and wild animals.

You can just get back to me with an email at (deleted by admin) thanks and waiting.

baby1.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: Talon, at: 2008/03/17 02:14

baby1.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Cobimoore,

Why do you want to give your Grey away? This is very unusual, but there are some here that may live in your area that would be glad to take in an unwanted Grey.

Please give a little more detail on this. It almost sounds like an Ad from Cameroon rip-off artists at this point.....Thanks.

You noticed that too huh, she was on the IM last night and one of the members helped her put it on craigslist, she said it was her daughter's bird and her daughter had been hit by a vehicle and was unable to care for it. You just never know, the scammers are out there in full force.:ohmy:

I had been searching the net with my friend (she wants a grey) We found this same exact ad picture and all. When my friend got to talking with the person who created it they just kept pushing for her checking act number. They said all she would have to do is pay to ship the bird. They refused to send any new pictures or customized pictures of the bird. She told us the bird was 4 years old and then when we questioned her from a different email address saying we were different people the bird was 2 years old...This is a scam and should be deleted before any unsuspecting person falls for it. I know I trust everyone on this forum and some newbie might think that this is real and get into some trouble.

Hmm, well the domain name resolves to a service in San Mateo CA, but then the hop goes to Thailand. That might explain the poor English. Either way - it does seem like a scam and I'd get rid of it before someone falls for this. I'll see if I can't get one of our other tools to dig up this email address.

Talon, here's the network from which this email originated. You can report if you'd like using the abuse email address:

Network Contact Information: The following details refer to the network that the system is on.

abuse@xo.com

+1-866-285-6208

10 Marshall Street Old Greenwich CT 06870 US

The organization responsible for the domain is Typhoon Games in Hong Kong. Who knows, someone might be playing around on their network? I have the Domain ocntact information too, but if I were to boot them off the net, I'd nab them through the Greenwich CT system.

That is SUCH a scam!

When I was selling my car on craiglist I had a guy saying he was a pastor and wanted to car...I don't know what a pastor would want with an 85' Trans Am with a snapped crank shaft, but anyways. I was selling the car for $1,000 and he sent me a check for $3,500 and when I asked him when his shipper would be coming he said I had to western union the money to them...at that point I knew it was a scam. People like them make me sick.

I would like to thank all our wonderful and caring members for their investigative work proving that this truly was the scam we all suspected it was. You have all gone above and beyond in your help with this for our family members. The caring that you have shown of others is a rare quality, and one that makes me very proud.

I have deleted the email address, sent a pm to this member, and will report this thru the proper channels.

I do, however, want to KEEP this thread here. I will not delete it, as I want this to remain as an example for any new members that may let the excitement of a "free bird" cloud their vision and be taken by ads like this. I know that many people have fallen for things like this and lost not only money, but their hopes and dreams for a bird.

I have the ultimate respect for our members here that cared enough about others to take the time to uncover this with the PROOF that some may need to see that this is a scam.

Karma for everyone here who posted! :cheer:

Thank you all,

Penny

Ya i got scammed about 4 times while searching for my bird to buy (i didnt fall for it) they are 90% based out of thailand and camaroon africa as well. African greys are a popular source for scammers since it works on about 70% or more people out there sadly. I see ads for CAG's for sale for like 400 or less + cage! All they want is S&H in the form of a checking account # or money gram western union check money order etc etc.

Talon i didn't think of that,keeping the thread open will alert our members to the dangers of the scams that unfortunately are far to common on forums & bird ad sites.There is always going to be unscrupulous people out there willing to make a buck by conning people,Not much in life is free & definately not a free /cheap grey.The majority of these scams are from ,Cameroon,Africa etc..So please be aware of this when looking for a Grey.