NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello

lfuru

I'm new and I'd like to introduce myself. I have a 16 year old Blue Fronted Amazon (Chaco) and a 3 year old Timneh African Grey(China). I got Chaco from a breeder when he was just 3 weeks old, I cringe when I think of everything that could have gone wrong because of my lack of experience. In the years since I became volunteer at a wildlife sanctuary during baby bird season, and I work with a local bird breeder feeding and weening everything from Cockatiels to Macaws. It was from one of those clutches that I came to be owned by a little Timneh. She doesn't talk but is a master at sound effects, lol, then again its hard to get a word in edgewise with the amazon. She is nothing like I thought a grey would be, she loves to cuddle, hang up side down, run around on the floor, and imitate ever squeaky door, drawer, and hinge in the house. I could go on forever about her but I've already wrote more than anyone wants to read. Thanks,

Lisa

Hello Lisa and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and China.

So from what you wrote I assume this Timneh picked you and not vice versa, it happens like that sometimes and she seems like a doll from what you describe. She does not talk but is a master of mimicry, I can believe that. Mine, a Cag, is a master as well of all kinds of household sounds and human sounds as well but she also talks. One of her favorite words to say is shut up that she tells my sun conure when she screams:laugh:

That is so sweet that you have a cuddler because most aren't at least after they grow up so count yourself lucky.

Take a little time and read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have. We will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

If you have some pictures of China you would like to share with us we would love to see her and we have an other birds room where you could share one of Chaco if you like.

Here is my first attempt at adding a photo, my fingers are crossed. This is China and one of the macaws I was weaning. China LOVED those big guys, she tries to mother anything that will put up with her. Well, let me clarify, she loves birds, ferrets, etc; she doesn't like people aside from me. She is a bit of a drama queen so I'm not sure if she is afraid or just being a diva. Anyway, its a cute pic DSCF0013_1.JPG<br><br>Post edited by: lfuru, at: 2008/03/15 21:00

DSCF0013_1.JPG