NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bath

Again me newbie here..... I have bathed my baby grey twice, careful always to keep him wrapped in a towel until totally dry, outside and inside feathers.

He is trying to wean himself off his baby food, and is really coated in Harrisons (pea soup color) baby food, is there anything that is safe for cutting through the cement like dried food.

I wipe him off after everytime with baby wipes, and he tolerates it well, however, it takes a really long time with a warm washcloth in the tub. Again her tolerates it, but I have to pick his feathers clean, and I think he would be happier if it were over faster, and then could just play in the water.

Any ideas?????

Elizabeth

Well....... as much as it is really really hard for me to touch, I can't imagine what it must be like pulling on his skin having his feathers all cemented together. Its bad now, since he is spitting half of the hand feeding out. He used to just chug and it was hardly a mess at all, now OMG, just the last couple of days. It looks like he bathes in the Harrisons!

He has to be bathed, so your both just saying warm water only?

If you feel like you have to get it off then by all means bathe him using warm water but it won't come off easy and it will come off eventually if you just let it come off naturally. It is not causing him any harm and only looks bad but you might cause him more pain just trying to get it off of him when it will come off soon anyway.