NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I've always wanted an African Grey, and soon that dream will come true! I have one that is weaning at the local pet store, waiting for me to take home. I'm so excited. I once had a Yellow Nape, and loved her to her premature death. I now have a cute little Parrotlet named "Midori." I am worried though as to what will happen when the grey becomes a part of the family, as they will be in the same room together. Anybody have experience in similar situations? Thanks in advance. Love the site, and look forward to chatting with you all!

Here are some pics of the baby grey:

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

And Midori!

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

000_0431.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: FairY, at: 2008/03/15 08:40

Hello Jonathan and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your new baby grey.

Your baby is very cute and adorable and I know you are excited about the day you can finally bring it home. Are you planning to have it DNA sexed before you name it?

Take a little time and read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have. We will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

I don't see a problem with having a grey and a parrotlet in the same room, they won't be sharing a cage but you may have to have them out at different times until you see how they react to one another. I have a sun conure and a grey and even though they don't get along, they do coexist in the same room out at the same time as long as I keep a little distance between them.

Thanks for sharing some pictures of your new baby and Midori, a cute little let:P

Thanks for your response!

I've already sent in a blood sample to determine sex. Still waiting for the results. If it is a male, I may name him "Pynchon" (after one of my favorite authors), if female, perhaps "Tori" (Tori Amos, the pianist/singer/genius) =). I'll definitely implement your advice with the two birds. Thanks for your help and the kind words!

Well most of us here have more than one bird so keeping two or more different kinds of birds is a piece of cake, as a lot of us suffer from MBS which means we cannot stop at one bird.

I like those two names you have picked out and I look forward to hearing a lot more about you and your baby.

If you need anything all you have to do is ask.:P

Though I do only have a canary in the room with my grey Clëo, Clëo loves to perch next to him and sing (not very well) with buzz the canary in the mornings after ive let her out, and Buzz does not seem worried about her at all. Just a tiny sample of other species being together, im sure many people here have much better examples, but it does help to show that its not always a problem. good luck with your new grey! at such a young age, im sure he/she wil be fine with midori, she'll most likely learn to accept her as a part of the family as she's growing up, lets just hope midori gives a positive response too. ;)