NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

How Did He Know?

AndyJG

Yesterday, someone came to the house to visit with my wife. She and this person were sitting at the dining room table. Our grey could hear them but could not see them. As soon as the business of the meeting was concluded and the conversation shifted to other things, our grey started calling, "Bye bye." Normally, he says this as people leave through the front door, but he was saying it and no one had moved. He continued saying "bye bye" until after the person had left. The grey never say`s "bye bye" randomly.

I wouldn`t suspect telepathy or any similar voodoo stuff.....I think that this is more about ASSOCIATION....if the bird is used to seeing / haering a couple peopls rising out of their chairs at the same time, or putting on their coats , followed by their departure he may be keying on that. With a bird as smart as a grey, he may be keying on "departing words" beyond "bye-bye". Pay attention to your wifes "parting ritual" for a clue -- some people say the same thing whenever a visit is ending, something like "oh well, don`t be a stranger" or the like. These critters are fully capable of remembering a whole lot of stuff that proceeds a departure besides a simple "bye-bye". As time has passed your grey has probably "absorbed"a lot more of your social patterns than you realize. Amazing creatures, eh?

9-11 -- Never forget Never forgive Never again

It`s just that with our society today it`s lumped more into the paranormal than anything else. When you see a group of birds outside just take off as a flock and head in the same direction, even turning at the same time, telepathy becomes one of the theories on that behavior.

I think that this is more about ASSOCIATION....if the

My grey starts to laugh just before someone gets to the punchine of a joke. I think he can sense the change in the tone of voice when we approach the punchline.

Likewise when my giflriend comes over and we are saying those "lovey" things to eachother my bird will make the "kiss" sound. Many times this is right before I kiss my girlfriend.

Again how does he know?? Because they pay more attention to us than we to them!