NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello everyone

Hi, I'm new here. Unfortunately, I am currently parrotless as I live in a flat (though I am looking to plead with the landlady next time we come up for renewing the contract!) Both my boyfriend and I really want a bird or two, but we are both just out of uni and we have to get our own lives in order. I did have a cockatiel a few years back and I still really miss him, and there is a big, feathery, noisy hole in my life right now. I have been looking on here for the past few months, just reading up a bit and looking at everyone else's birds, greys and others, and I can't say how beautiful they all are, and how much they help me fill just a little of that hole - and how much I love reading all your inspirational stories!

Hello Marlow and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and this new grey you are planning to get.

What a wonderful thing to say about us and they are truly the beautiful birds we say they are, we love ours to death and know you would too. Once you get one you wonder how you ever got along without it.

That is one of the best things you can do at this time is read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do ask questions you may have. We will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

Hi Marlow,

Are you hoping to get a grey particularly or just any type of bird? Its just that although greys definitely arent the noisiest of parrots (I have a little pipsqueak of a caique who can outscream my greys any day!) but they are vocal and may not be the best for an appartment. But it is good to see you are doing your homework first :)

Good luck with the landlady!

Siobhan

No, I'm not sure I want a grey (well, I do, but not necessarily now, cos of the apartment thing!). Trouble is, I'm planning on going back to university and I won't be earning much money (enough to afford to rent a house, anyway) for a few years, so I don't think we will be able to afford a house for a long time. But I do want a bird at some point along the line. Any ideas on quiet ones?