NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Going to see the baby grey tomorrow

jdr

We will probably go see the baby grey tomorrow,and yes probably bring her back home with us.I fully trust the breeder,so I'm not worried about exposing this grey to my Severe Macaw as far as disease goes.The question I do have is my son who is 12 wants us to get a little parakett for him.They have some at a local pet store,so what do you think the danger would be from the parakett? should we keep it in another room for a while?

I'll bet your excited jdr. We'll look forward to hearing about the new arrival and seeing photos. :-)

I agree with others on the Parakeet, quarantine for at least 45 Days. I know Petsmart has an illness problem with all their birds and has had it posted for over a month now, that none are for sale as they are quarantined by the Health Department.

Hi jdr,

As others have said, even if you trust a breeder completely its best to adhere to the quarantine. You just never know and illness often is not initially apparent.

Absolutely do quarantine with the budgie. They are mightly little parrots, so much fun!... B)