NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Outside vaccinations?

Bertbert

I was talking to a friend that works in a pet shop, she said they had TAG but a pigeon got into the store and sat on top of it's cage, in so doing the pigeon gave the grey a parasite and it died!

so, my grey spends half the week at my house and half the week at my boyfriends house, he's good in the car in the carrier, but come summer I would like to take him outside, but now I am afraid he will get a parasite or something else... so

-are there vaccinations he should get for anything? I've heard mixed things about it?!

-does anyone else take their grey outside? I did it with my budgie in a cage that is), and my grey I would put on a harness or wheel his cage out (but not in direct sunlight)

TIA again

Brittany

Hi Brittany!

I think the best advice you are going to get for as to what precautions you need to take when bringing you baby outside would be your avian vet. If you baby hasn't been in the past year, even better as he needs a check up.

Many owners take their babies outside, have enclosures, ect. However the precautions we take vary from area to area. Here in Georgia we have a certain set of worries, where in the north they would be diffrent set of worries.