NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello All! I am new here trying to educate myself on grey's while deciding if one would be a good fit for my family. I am currently owned by a Vos Eclectus, a goffin's cockatoo, and a sun conure (as well as 6 dogs ranging from 4 - 140 lbs). Trying to learn as much as I can so please teach me!!:P

Claire

Signature.jpg

Hello Claire and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and this new grey you are thinking of getting.

We just love our greys and I think you would too, you already have bird experience and a nice selection of them at that. A grey would be a nice addition.

Please read thru as many of the threads as you can for lots of useful and helpful information and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have. We will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

BTW, what are your bird's names?

My eclectus' name is Cash, the goffin's is Boo, and the conure is Pedro. I have been in contact with a local breeder who has Congo's on eggs. I am trying to absorb as much info as possible as I wasn't properly informed before purchasing my ekkie (wouldn't trade him for the world NOW). It was just a huge learning experience as he was not handled enough as a hatchling and it has taken a good year for him to get used to us. I am the main caretaker of all of the animals and my boyfriend and I have owned our own home for 2 years now!

Well, the baby was hatched!!! :P The oldest was hatched 1 week ago! The breeder called me last night! Said there are three to choose from as I have first dibs. He said once he pulls them, I can come out and see and choose which one I want! I am so excited. Here's my question. I know you need to quarantine the new bird and I intend to make the vet appt. for the day I pick him up from the breeder. If all is well at the vet, do I need to quarantine him still?

Yes you do Claire for it is possible that one of your birds could possibly be harbouring some kind of disease or an infection of some sort that just hasn't become apparent yet, just to be on the safe side.

Good luck in meeting the babies, it could be that one of them will pick you and I can imagine your excitement, I would be too, let us know how it goes.