NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Update on our search to find a CAG

jdr

Something went wrong with the first post so I will try this again. I called the breeder that we got Bandit from (our Severe Macaw) he told me that they have one CAG that's around 7 months old.DNA sexed female,he said they was thinking about keeping her,but would sell her to us if we wanted her. One good thing is that we have met them before,also it wouldn't be quite as far to drive.

• 11 months later...

7 months is a fairly old baby, I feel that the more attention they get while they are young, the better adjusted to humans they are. A few of those very impressionable months that could have been spent with you (if you were to get a baby at say 4 - 5 months), have been spent with the breeder.

Now with that being said, she still may be the perfect bird, the only advice I could give is to meet the bird with an open mind, and if she picks you, then think about it.

a 7 month old baby is still very young esspecialy since she's a cag as they mature slower than a Tag I would say go for it as long as she has been well soicalized and seems to take a likeing to you when you go to see her. I noticed you said you also have a Severe Macaw. I rescued an 8yr old Severe Macaw a few months ago.<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2009/02/24 19:55