NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Dill Pickles??

watchout

Hey everyone, The other night, I was in my office and my wife was doing laundry. When she brought the basket in the living room to fold, she saw that Maui had flown to the kitchen looking for us which is normal around here. He happened to be perched on the rim of a jar of Clausin Dill pickles and he had helped himself to one. Other than the fact that this could have been dangerous and the pickles surely have too much salt, any other dangers from pickles? He sure seamed proud of himself and he made quite a mess of it.

Fermentation may be an issue - it is for people who have issues with yeast and mold - but one may not be a problem. I a scare the other day as well, Bella quietly snuck over to my wine glass and got herself a beakfull :blink: I panicked, aside from slipping on her table top perch, I think she's fine. Wine is fermented as well (but the alcohol is my understanding the problem with wine and birds)

There was actually a member too if I remember correctly that his Grey died because of garlic. I know that Clausen's pickles have a good bit of garlic in them. I don't want to scare anyone at all. Just I found that to be very interesting, cause for one I was raised by a 100% Italian and we use a bunch of garlic! So I was very glad to have read that on here.

Well, Well put Ronda. I don't think any item that has girlic in it is safe. It's so easy to let them eat some different food, but is it worth it? If they could find dill pickles in the wild then go for it. To much spice.

I said my piece, so go on with you feel good about feeding your bird.

Joe