NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Is this a good thing or bad?? Please read!!!

yvette

Ok, so I am still buying my Bently things for his cage, and I came across a "Fruit Cocktail Beak Conditioner". Its a large stone like thing that ties to the cage to help sharpen beak. Well, as soon as I put it in, he went at it. Problem is that he wont stop chewing it! Its already about 1/4 gone. He scrapes it and powder residue is all over his face and my chair. It said that its a "treat" because it has banana,cherry,strawberry and orange flavoring added. Should I take it out or just leave it in? At this rate, he will be done with it by tomorrow if not sooner.It states that it has "20% calcium minimun and 24% calcium maximun" I know calcium is something he needs anyway, but what if he isnt eating because this thing is addictive? I honestly havnt seen him eat since I put it in last night. What do you think??

Wow, thats crazy. he must really be enjoying shredding that thing to pieces. :-)

Greys do need Calcium, but if you are feeding him a good diet of pellets, seeds, nuts and veggies, more Calcium should not be needed. In fact too much Calcium is bad for Greys.

I would personally take it out. It's hard to tell how much they are ingesting versus just ripping it and letting it fall to the cage floor.<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2008/03/01 16:37