NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Yoda has arrived

:woohoo: Yoda arrived home on Feb 16, He/She is just 4 months old. Very loveble. Loves to turn popcicle sticks in to tooth picks. Has a strange facination with water and ice cubes. Adores carrots and apples.

Yoda is adapting well to the new home. He/She looks dwarfed in the cage. (40X24X70). Plays with all the toys and perchase. Seems not to like the perch that came with the cage.

I do seem to have a problem getting Yoda to take food from my hand unless it is a piece of carrot. Not sure why. Yoda will literaly shack his/her head at what I am offering. Any ideas

Yes I agree with Joe, try in the morning when they are their hungriest. Joe is very knowledgeable when it comes to hand feeding and weaning! Look forward to hearing more from you! And seeing some pics as well!

I know it is very exciting bringing home a new baby! And just 4 months! Wow how cute! Yoda that is such a good little name. Hope to see more of you around!

671032669511520280208.gif<br><br>Post edited by: Ronda477, at: 2008/02/29 22:07

Hello Jugernught and welcome to the family, glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Yoda, betcha I know where you got that name!

I want to hear more about this strange fascination with water and ice cubes, just what does he/she do that makes it unusual or funny, I am curious to know.

Most all greys love to tear up anything and that includes wood, at least you won't have to buy toothpicks, just let him/her make them for you.:laugh:

Like Joe suggested, offer the food in the mornings when he/she is more hungry and is more likely to take it from you. I would assume he/she will eat most anything from the bowl but is just hesitant to take it from your hand.

Take a few minutes and read some of the many threads for lots of useful information and ask questions if you have any, we will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.:)

If you have any pictures of Yoda you would like to share with us we would love to see him/her.:P