NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Abdullah, Falconeer, etc...

Hi FairY,

I had actually talked to Abdullah on Feb 12th (when I first logged in). He seemed fine to me at that time. He explained to me that he did not have a Grey and had just determined that he wasn't ready yet until at least this summer. So maybe he isn't on because he realizes that he won't be getting one for awhile.

Don't know if that helps you, but might expain why he hasn't been on for awhile.

Thanks for the responses here, I appreciate it friends :kiss:

I know a PM should be used for these kind of things.... Here you have your mod. perpetrating the rules :lol:

Yeah, I know Abdullah said he isn't in a hurry to get a Grey yet - it is just that I found it rather nice to have some members posting here from this region (although Abdullah of course lives in Canada now).

Not that I am not happy with ALL of you of course: you are all DA best :kiss:

{Feel-good-0002006E}as I said. you are all the best bunch of friends a gal could ask for :kiss:

Siobha, it counts :)

we are having a VERY difficult time in Israel at the moment - many people are very worried, there is a war going on right now in Gaza, 70 Palestinians dead - 2 Israeli soldiers dead.... and a barriage of rockets on israeli towns in the south.

this is a good place to come to get the mind off for a while, thanks guys :kiss:

I haven't been in a number of years now. I used to go on business trips to Kiryat Gat and Haifa, but the company I worked for stopped us travelling there as it became too dangerous. At the moment I have a very dear friend and her husband living in Ashkelon. They are hoping to return to Ireland in March.

I am worried about the situation in Israel, and I really want them home safe. I worry for ordinary people like you just carrying out their everyday tasks School, work etc. It is a scary place, but we ARE your friends and are always here to take your mind off things :)

Siobhan

Thank you Siobha :kiss: I appreciate that a lot. I had just had a hard time this morning. I don't understand myself, but with the reporting of the 2 young boys that happened to be soldiers and got killed I couldn't hold my tears in anymore, I am so hurt. Not that I knew them personally of course, but they're like my neighbor boys.... having to fight to defend their country. And yes, there were many, many more Palestinian people killed, not soldiers... women, children as well.... but they were not what the IDF was after. The IDF only want to stop the uncessible firing of rockets on towns where little children also go to school - as you probably will know from your friends in Ashqelon. Ashqelon was hurt as well - it is impossible to live in the shadow of rocket fire. So, what does a country do to protect its citizens? What CAN it do?

I am SO sad today :(

You poor pet. I don't know what to say to you. I am sitting here safe in my house in Ireland when God knows what is going on around you. If you lived a bit closer I would put on a huge pot of tea, and some chocolate cake, my mothers remedy for all ills.

I am sorry we cant help you more, but we are here if you ever need to rant a little. It doesnt matter what your political leanings are, everybody deserves to be safe, especially children.

Siobhan

It isn't me. It is that I relate to those mothers. Those boys that you educate and bring up to be good human beings and anticipate life in happiness... And then those mothers are faced with this news. It shouldn't be necessary. It should be damned.

I appreciate your concern and offer of tea and chocolate cake though. However, I would feel bad claiming to be the one needing these. What about those boys? What about those women and children in gaza?

It's so unfair :(

• 2 weeks later...