NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

peeka-BIRDY!

Guest briansmum

Guest briansmum

brian is just starting to talk properly and he and i have been learning to play peeka-boo

not once have i said to him "peeka-birdy", i have always said clearly "peeka-boo". but he insists on the birdy bit.

he knows "birdy" as a word because we do say "hi birdy" and "clever birdy". we also watch the birdies in the garden together. but he refuses to say "boo" LOL

i find it the cutest, most endeering thing in the world, but i was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences to this. i know they adapt sentences to suit them, but considering his vocab consists of about 10 words at the moment, and he never says "boo" regardless of the fact thats all i say, i was wondering if he was trying to tell me something :laugh:

what do you think?

(this is a recent video of brian and his ramblings, the quality is pretty bad because i had to try and film him without him spotting the camera, but if you turn the sound up, you canjust about hear him LOL)<br><br>Post edited by: briansmum, at: 2008/02/27 03:50

:laugh: beccy that is so cute, but so strange ! mine have started saying "peeka-boo". last week & for the life of any of us we dont know where they got it from :S I haver never said it, hubby works away, my 20 year old daughter has no intrest in them ! & my son is always out ! it sure is cute tho :laugh:

How funny!

When my (recently passed on) eclectus learned to talk, he would mix up some of his favorite phrases. He would say "I am a GOOD BOY!" and he would say "I need a cuddle." And sometimes he'd mix them together and say "I need a GOOD BOY!" It always made me fall over laughing, and I told him good boys could be hard to come by, but I'd try to find him one!

Well for some reason I couldn't get the video to load, it said done and yet nothing was there.

Anyway, I know Grey's are more intelligent than Quakers. And I have to say that I have been trying to teach my husband's quaker to say this one phrase for over 9 years now! But yet I'm the one she mimics all the time! Almost all the words she says, are things I say. So if that tells you anything at all lol. I think she knows what I'm trying to teach her is bad lol. I told her I would just get my SweetHeart to say it to her lol. But that is my experience lol. Not exactly a Grey, but they will only learn what they want to in my opinion lol.