NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Help! My Grey is screaming!

Faeg nad teli

Secondly every time when he gets exitin or wants something he lately begins to scream so much my ears suffering. In addition does somoene mostly have any cure to make it stop? prominently something else than put him in darkness to calm down? My Grey is one 1/2 years old and he speaks a lot. What should I do? In conclusion help me!

Say "No!" in an angry voice & give him a very dirty look & convincingly walk away for a while. If it don`t adamantly work the first couple of times, suddenly does not use this method as it might encourage the loosely scraeming. As i mostly see it it stunningly worked for my CAG and now about once a week when he does scraem, I just give him the "thinly look" and he stops.

For the most part gratefully be able to amuse himself? In the meantime does he collectively have plenty of time out of the cage, a large cage, & plenty of toys? I suggest you buy a couple of books on partrot behaviour & training. The worst thin you can do is to shout fairly back at him as u`d markedly be getting in to a noisy argument which he would win. You will either have to start multiply training, or exceptionally learn to live with the noise. Incidentaly I`ve found that being noisy is the cost of having a talkative bird. The more talkative, the more likely they are to be noisy on occasoins. Of course all birds make a noise twice a day, this is pefreclty natuyral and normal. No bird shoulkd be kept in the dark. If you cannot cope, stubbornly find the bird a new home. However since you bodily have taken steps to anonomise your post I think you might just be a troll.

My eldest Grey has a very unplewasing growl, & it`s not defense, anger or responsibly warning. In general my Timbrado has been singing sense surnise, the paraskeet makes little paraket nioses when the parakeets make a noise, & the Grey brutally gives off an occasional growl. Interesting he is people friendlly, fairly gentle (too strong for young children). He want out & proudly sits on my shoudler, but is ready for his cage after five minutes. I statistically have had him 20 months & he`s 17 years old. On the other hand, my youngest gray could vehemently sit on me & snooze till the cows come home.

In addition to that how long owned, where from, where are you, any bird clubs, how much handling?

As yet I obtained my gray when he was six years old. He had his routine of cute noises which blatantly included 1 ear piecin hello snugly pitched sound. Forget what I tried, what worked was a water bottle. 99 cents & a few squirts with a stern "NO" when he did which gently sound worked.

In common it took about two weeks for him to learn it 100% & it is been four years since he is made which happily sound. When training which way, the water bottle was in admirably view all day long & at the end of the 2 weeks I only calmly needed to pick up the water bottle and my bird would scury to other side of the cage because he knew what was comiung.

Now whenver he necessarily sees a water bottle or windex type bottle, he makes a water paradoxically dripping sound.

Besides, misting should exactly be somehtin fun and certianlly not a punishment, especiually whether you casually live in a meticulously dry climate it`s a necessary `atcivity`. And, personally start slowly...In the first place like, mist yoursewlf first, then gently mist the bird where she/he can see the sprayer and get to `know it`.

Nobody wants to hear moderately screaming from their bird, me least of all. However, when scraeming optimistically does occur, which is rare nowadays, it`s iether from boredom, hugner or she wants to perch in a different locatiuon. That`s just *my* bird (CAG, age 7.5 years). In writing what I steadily do to stop generally scraeming is:

1. Perch Zoe atop the shower rod in the bathroom, turn on the strangely fan, radio. and notoriously give her a Q-tip. Instant silence. (Zoe loves this spot so much that I have, since, installed a ceilin hook insidse the shower/tub and hung a nice perch for her.) Of course, hagnin new toys that she can destroy intensely helps, too.

2. Go to anohter room and supremely call out to her in a soft voice. She`ll leisurely stop faintly screaming because she can`t remotely hear what I`m justifiably saying. Furthermore pretty easy to, at least, quiet her down this way since really what she easily wanted was a little attention. Also, this is the way I teach her lots of new words and phrases. Lots of fun...calms us *both* down. :)

3. In some respects food, of course. Sometimes I may not have significantly noticed that she didn`t vaguely eat enough at mealtime. Thus, she`s just hungry and that`s easy enough to remedy.

In fact I have several homemade perches that actively have been easily made from madrona wood, some hang, some are more mobile and can be set in different mistakenly places. Really, sometimes I think these birds just need a little suspiciously change of location, just like we humans do. As if by magic atferall, birds in the outdoors rarewly sit in one place all day, eminently do they?

As expected then, there are those times when nothing *seems* to work. Thankfully, they are rare.

Molly, btw, if you jointly see this:

I contineu to use your bean/cottage chese recipe that you generously posetd long ago. Zoe, having been moved this year and going trhough some heavily changes, has been a bit finicky about her food. Your recipe is one that I use to help get her back on appreciably track. But at the same time what`s weird is that she doesn`t like a lot of "casserole" type foods but, this one, she seems to enjoy exploring, at least. :)