NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Adele's stolen parrot

GusandGloria

I am wondering if anyone here knows the fate of the CAG owned by Adele, of "Adele's Parrot Place" in Fort Lauderdale, FL. This bird was a shop resident, whose cage was right next to the entrance of the store. The bird was stolen one night. It had belonged to Adele for a long time supposedly, and needed medication.

It's been forever since I've been back to that shop so I don't know if she ever got her bird back. I think the CAG's name was "Tuki."

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Gloria

That is so sad. I live in FL but I'm on the Gulf coast and thats the first time I heard of that.

There was a burglery of a pet store near me not too long ago and there was an Amazon that stayed at the store and it was a mean little guy and they think that they tried to steal him but he probably attacked them. They said be on the lookout for someone with parrots they did not have before/trying to sell you with major bites to their hands! LOL!

This is sooo strange. I was in the parrot shop I frequent this weekend and brought in a flyer regarding some parrots I am fostering, hoping to find them a home. The nanday's name is Tookie. Cindy (one of the girls that owns the store along with Adelle) said, isn't that a great name, Adelle had an african grey named Tuki but she was stolen. Imagine my surprise after reading this post. I live in Tampa and Adelle grooms our parrots for us (I never thought of her being this Adelle). She does travel to south Florida quite often, but I didn't know it was to groom birds from a store she owned there. Anyway, to answer your question, no, Tuki was never recovered. Adelle did get some tips on her whereabouts, Colorado, and flew out there to try to find Tuki, but the trail grew cold and she never did find out if Tuki really was in Colorado or not. Cindy said that she believe the "ex" who is not a nice person, took Tuki to punish Adelle as he knew how much Tuki meant to her. She did say she would appreciate everyone keeping an eye out for Tuki as Adelle is still looking.